Wonthaggi - Drainage Renewal Works - South Dudley Estate
Bass Coast Shire has appointed Wiltrack Earthmoving Pty Ltd as part of our annual supply contracts to carry out staged outfall drainage renewal works along a section of open drain which runs along the north side of Alexander Road, South Dudley. See diagram below.
Stage 1 construction works will start the week ending 19 February 2021 and completion is anticipated within 7 weeks, subject to favourable weather and contractor availability. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $535,000 and are part of Council’s 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
Benefits to the community
- This project is an important part of the Stormwater Drainage Renewal Program under the Drainage Services Asset Management Plan 2020 – 2024 and will ensure delivery of the adopted Community Service levels.
- These construction works will provide improved water flows within the new channel. It will also provide drainage and erosion protection for the area.
- Further stages of work will be subject to future Capital Works Programs.
What to expect
- Recent improvement works have been completed to main open drain within the adjacent farm by installing a 1200mm diameter culvert, including shaping and rock beaching to improve the flow of water downstream.
- Clearing of some vegetation within the existing open drain.
- Widening of existing open drain on the bend at the western end of Alexander Road, including large rock spalls within the drain
- Installation of 320 metres of large inverted box culverts to form an open concrete channel, including reinstatement for erosion and drainage protection purposes
- Installation of timber bollards between the road and the drain.
- For safety reasons, this section of drainage works will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering large culverts and rock materials to site.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby properties and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Wiltrack Earthmoving Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor - Michael Wilson – 0409 560 886
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Marty O’Flynn – Capital Project Officer, otherwise Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.