Kerbside Bin Collection
What day are my bins emptied?
Your Waste Calendar tells you what day your bins are collected, where your nearest transfer station is located and also includes a helpful guide to which bin to use. Find your Zone below.
Zone 1 - Cape Woolamai, Wimbledon Heights, Ventnor, Newhaven, Rhyll, Smiths Beach, Sunderland Bay, Surf Beach, Sunset Strip, Bass, Grantville, Pioneer Bay, Jam Jerrup, The Gurdies, Lang Lang, Silverleaves, Cowes
Zone 2 - Corinella, Coronet Bay, Tenby Point, Dalyston, Harmers Haven, Kilcunda, San Remo, Archies Creek, Cape Paterson, Inverloch, Wonthaggi, South Dudley, Wattle Bank
Please contact Wonthaggi Recyclers on (03) 5672 1933 to:
- report missing, damaged and replacement bins
- arrange for delivery of a new set of bins if your property doesn't currently have any (please note, delivery can take up to 10 business days)
Residents that receive a kerbside bin collection have the option to:
- Upgrade a 120 litre Landfill bin to a 240 litre Landfill bin – $55.81 for 2020/21 financial year
- Have a second Recycle bin – $100.11 for 2020/21 financial year
- Have a second Organics bin - $95.09 for 2020/21 financial year
Annual fees will be charged to the applicable rateable property. To arrange an upgrade or additional bin, please contact our Waste Services Team on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.
If you are a business or live in a non-service area you may need to engage a private contractor.
Below is a list of Waste Contractors available in the Shire:
- Bass Coast Rubbish Removal & Bin Hire - 0412 088 454
- Bass Highway Waste - (03) 5678 8994 or 0407 828 757
- Cleanaway Regional (Transpacific) - (03) 5133 6872
- Island Skip Hire - 0417 598 968
- SITA Environmental Solutions - (03) 8795 2000
- Wheel-A-Waste - (03) 5672 2056
- Wonthaggi Recyclers - (03) 5672 1933