Hard Waste Collection
Council's Hard Waste Collection service has been suspended due to the current pandemic. No bookings for future hard waste collections are currently being taken. Please contact Council's Waste Services Team for further information.
- Collections can be made for any time of year; however there are limited collection days available in January.
- A maximum of two (2) mattresses can be picked up for an additional fee.
- Mattress Recycling Fee: Single Bed - $10 each; Double Bed or larger - $20 each
- Note: Foam-only mattresses can be collected as a routine hard waste item within the two cubic metre allowance.
- Where possible, hard waste items should stay inside your property boundary for collection (for example, in your front yard). If it is necessary to have your hard waste collected from a nature strip, the items must not be placed on the nature strip earlier than 48 hours before the agreed collection date.
- If the load exceeds two cubic meters, the excess items will not be collected.
- Furniture (such as couches, bed frames, chairs, tables, desks and office cabinets)
- Whitegoods and appliances (such as refrigerators, ovens and stoves, washing machines, dishwashers and small appliances)
- Tools, mowers, car parts, scrap metal (such as old barbecues, fencing wire, metal rods and poles and empty clean paint tins with lids off)
- Children’s toys, kitchenware and most common household items
- Timber pieces less than 1.8 metres in length (nails must be removed or flattened)
- Garden waste or bagged household rubbish
- Glass (such as TVs and computer monitors, glass table tops and old windows)
- Car batteries, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, chemicals, asbestos and tyres
- Concrete pieces, building and renovation rubble, ashes, and dust
- liquid waste and items containing liquid (such as motor oil and oil heaters)
- items longer than 1.8 metres in length or single items weighing over 25 kgs that can't be easily lifted by two people.