Hard Waste Collection
Each property with a Council-provided kerbside garbage service is entitled to one Hard Waste Collection of up to two cubic metres of items each financial year.
Make a booking by calling Wonthaggi Recyclers on (03) 5672 1933. The standard service fee is $ $60 including GST and $35 for Pension and Health Care Card Holders.
- Collections can be made for any time of year; however there are limited collection days available in January.
- A maximum of two (2) mattresses can be picked up for an additional fee.
- Mattress Recycling Fee: Single Bed - $10 each; Double Bed or larger - $20 each
- Note: The Mattress Recycling Fee only applies to mattresses with metal inner-springs. Foam-only mattresses can be collected as a routine hard waste item within the two cubic metre allowance.
- Where possible, hard waste items should stay inside your property boundary for collection (for example, in your front yard). If it is necessary to have your hard waste collected from a nature strip, the items must not be placed on the nature strip earlier than 48 hours before the agreed collection date.
- If the load exceeds two cubic meters, the excess items will not be collected.
- Furniture (such as couches, bed frames, chairs, tables, desks and office cabinets)
- Whitegoods and appliances (such as refrigerators, ovens and stoves, washing machines, dishwashers and small appliances)
- Tools, mowers, car parts, scrap metal (such as old barbecues, fencing wire, metal rods and poles and empty clean paint tins with lids off)
- Children’s toys, kitchenware and most common household items
- Timber pieces less than 1.8 metres in length (nails must be removed or flattened)
- Garden waste or bagged household rubbish
- Glass (such as TVs and computer monitors, glass table tops and old windows)
- Car batteries, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, chemicals, asbestos and tyres
- Concrete pieces, building and renovation rubble, ashes, and dust
- liquid waste and items containing liquid (such as motor oil and oil heaters)
- items longer than 1.8 metres in length or single items weighing over 25 kgs that can't be easily lifted by two people.