Hard Waste Collection
Please note that Council's Hard Waste Collection service may be suspended if restrictions or conditions regarding COVID-19 change.
Each residential property with a Council-provided kerbside garbage service is entitled to one Hard Waste Collection of up to two cubic metres of items each financial year.
Make a booking by calling Wonthaggi Recyclers on (03) 5672 1933. The standard service fee for the 2021/2022 financial year is $67 including GST or $37.10 for Pension and Health Care Card Holders. All booking requests must be authorised by the property owner.
- Collections can be made for any time of year; however there are no collection days available in January.
- A maximum of two (2) mattresses can be picked up for an additional fee.
- Mattress Recycling Fee: Single Bed - $10 each; Double Bed or larger - $20 each (2020/2021 financial year)
- Note: Foam-only mattresses can be collected as a routine hard waste item within the two cubic metre allowance.
- Where possible, hard waste items should stay inside your property boundary for collection (for example, in your front yard). If it is necessary to have your hard waste collected from a nature strip, the items must not be placed on the nature strip earlier than 48 hours before the agreed collection date.
- Maximum length of material is 1.8 metres. If the total load exceeds two cubic metres, the excess items will not be collected and removal will be the responsibility of the householder.
- Furniture (such as couches, bed frames, chairs, tables, desks and office cabinets)
- Whitegoods and appliances (such as refrigerators, ovens and stoves, washing machines, dishwashers and small appliances)
- Tools, mowers, scrap metal (such as old barbecues, fencing wire, metal rods and poles, empty clean paint tins with lids off)
- Children’s toys, kitchenware and most common household items
- Timber pieces less than 1.8 metres in length (nails must be removed or flattened)
- Garden waste or bagged household rubbish
- Glass (such as TVs and computer monitors, glass table tops and old windows)
- Car batteries, car parts, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, chemicals, asbestos, tyres
- Concrete pieces, building and renovation rubble, ashes, dust
- Liquid waste or items containing liquid (such as motor oil and oil heaters)
- Items longer than 1.8 metres in length or single items weighing over 25 kgs that cannot be easily lifted by two people