Pioneer Bay Road & Drainage Upgrade
Update: 22 March 2022
This project has now been completed.
Council voted to proceed with a Special Charge Scheme to upgrade $4.6 million worth of roads and drainage in February 2018.
The Scheme will involve construction and full upgrade of roads and drainage including pavement and sealing works, underground surface and storm water drainage, kerb and channeling, nature strip works, speed humps and pedestrian pathways on selected streets.
Additionally, a Melbourne Water upgrade project will integrate with this project at the same time. This will include the upgrade of the main waterway and installation of new storm water infrastructure that will provide the community with a new wetland area.
The Melbourne Water upgrade project has an anticipated value of $2.5 million. Our total contribution to the Pioneer Bay Estate’s projects will be $1.1 million.
We currently maintain over 120km of unsealed roads in urban areas. Our Urban Roads and Drainage Improvement Policy prioritises urban areas for inclusion in future road and drainage upgrade programs.
Pioneer Bay is rated as the highest priority estate for a road and drainage upgrade and this was confirmed through community engagement sessions which began in 2015. The residents and ratepayers identified significant infrastructure issues and assisted in developing concept plans for the upgrade.
For more information, please contact our Asset Management Team on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.
- 2022 02 09 Pioneer Bay February 2022 Newsletter PDF (2 MB)
- 2021 12 08 Pioneer Bay December 2021 Newsletter PDF (803 KB)
- 2021 11 19 Pioneer Bay November 2021 Newsletter PDF (741 KB)
- 2021 10 21 Pioneer Bay October 2021 Newsletter PDF (1 MB)
- 2021 08 16 Pioneer Bay 12 August 2021 Newsletter PDF (2 MB)
- 2021 08 26 Pioneer Bay 26 August 2021 Newsletter PDF (1 MB)
- 2021 07 29 Pioneer Bay 29 July 2021 Newsletter PDF (1 MB)
- 2021 07 05 Pioneer Bay 5 July 2021 Newsletter PDF (1 MB)
- 2021 06 17 Pioneer Bay 17 June 2021 Newsletter PDF (1 MB)
- 2021 06 04 Pioneer Bay 4 June 2021 Newsletter PDF (888 KB)
- 2021 05 21 Bay 21 May 2021 Newsletter1 PDF (1 MB)
- 2021 05 06 Bay 6 May 2021 Newsletter PDF (924 KB)
Council has now awarded the contract for the construction of road and drainage works to All Waste Pumping Solutions Pty Ltd.
The contractor is expected to start mobilising the site from 31 August 2020 with construction expected to start in mid-September. The contractor will be in regular contact with landowners and residents whilst works are being carried out and will also advise landowners and residents of times when access to their property may be disrupted.
To help answer your questions, Council has provided the following information:
If you have any further queries in regards to the project you can also contact our Infrastructure Delivery or Asset Management Teams. If your question relates to payments or financial hardship, please contact Council’s Specialist Revenue Officer or the Revenue Services Team.
Council's staff can be reached by calling 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 or emailing PioneerBayUpgrade@basscoast.vic.gov.au
The tender award for the Pioneer Bay roads and drainage scheme was presented to Council at its 17 June 2020 Ordinary Meeting of which was endorsed. Service relocation works are currently underway in preparation for the commencement of civil works in October, subject to favourable weather conditions and contractor availability. Melbourne Water are currently working through the approvals for their works of which are tentatively scheduled to commence at the end of the year.
- Pioneer Bay Newsletter August 2020 PDF (692 KB)
- Pioneer Bay Newsletter July 2020 PDF (870 KB)
- October 2017 PDF (121 KB)
- July 2017 PDF (2 MB)
- Pioneer Bay Newsletter June 2017 PDF (416 KB)
- May 2017 PDF (74 KB)
- March 2017 PDF (120 KB)
- Pioneer Bay Apportionment Sheet March 2017 PDF (229 KB)
- Pioneer Bay Newsletter February 2017 PDF (401 KB)
- Pioneer Bay Newsletter January 2017 PDF (209 KB)
- December 2016 PDF (1 MB)
- November 2016 PDF (91 KB)
- May 2016 PDF (3 MB)
- April 2016 PDF (71 KB)
- February 2016 PDF (91 KB)