Wonthaggi Tennis Court Redevelopment - COMPLETED
Council wishes to advise of the redevelopment of the Wonthaggi Tennis Courts within the Wonthaggi Recreation Reserve commencing mid-November 2019. This project represents an investment in sport and recreation facilities in Wonthaggi and will create a total of seven (7) high quality tennis courts and multi-games area. This project will result in:
- A total of five (5) compliant tennis courts with high quality synthetic grass playing surface which meet Tennis Victoria guidelines including new perimeter fencing and lighting. The two (2) existing “blue courts” will be available to use for the Wonthaggi Tennis Club throughout the duration of the construction works
- a multi-use games area which comprises of five (5) cricket training nets and futsal soccer pitch with high quality synthetic grass playing surface. Retractable fencing for the cricket nets will be installed to create a mini-version futsal soccer pitch.
This exciting project is about to start from 11 November 2019 and is expected to be completed by 12 March 2020, weather permitting. Council recognises that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect key recreational user groups, especially when much of our work is determined by weather conditions.
Council has awarded a contract to Turf One Pty Ltd. The total project cost is in the order of $1,757,000 with contribution from Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV) of $180,000 for the multi-purpose area.
What to expect
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and that we appreciate that for your own safety and others that access will be restricted. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby residents, businesses and user groups who may be impacted by these works. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to tennis club ,recreation reserve users, motorists, schools, residents and businesses.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction, including use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- Turf One Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Paul Kasparsons – 0448 989 715
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team, Russell Thomas – Capital Project Officer or Ravi Raveendran - Contract Superintendent - 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.