Wonthaggi - Shared Path Renewal - Fincher Street
Notice of Works
We wish to advise that Bass Coast Shire Council has engaged contractors Super Paving & Excavations VIC Pty Ltd to renew the shared path in the Fincher Street Reserve, along Bent Street between McKenzie Street and Graham Street, Wonthaggi. See map below.
This project is a part of the 2021/22 Capital Works Renewal Program and is fully funded by Council for $180K. The project is anticipated to start in in early June 2021 and expected to be complete within 6 weeks, subject to favourable weather conditions and contractor availability.
Benefits to the Community
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians in the area. These works will give residents and the local community a safe pedestrian connection to existing footpath network and provide better linkages to other footpaths in the area. This will also link into the Rail Trail and future aspirational pathways.
What to Expect
What to expect
- Construction of new concrete shared path, approximately 500 metres long, 2.5m wide thick fibre reinforced concrete path
- To link the existing footpath, construction improvements such pram crossing and upgrading from gavel to concreate for safer pedestrian accessibility.
- For safety reasons, this section of the new pathway will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works. There may be some minor traffic delays due to the nature of these works.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering concrete etc.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby properties and business owners and we ask for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. A letter drop will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Guy Cicala – Site Supervisor – 0418 542 811
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Marty O’Flynn or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Laurie Gervasi on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.