Wonthaggi - Road Renewal - Fincher Street - COMPLETED
Council wishes to advise of the commencement of road renewal works for Fincher Street from McKenzie St/Fincher St intersection to No.33 and No.61 to Graham St (Bass Highway) in mid-January 2021 (see map below). This project is funded by the Federal Government’s Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program which aims to assist community led recovery from Covid-19 by supporting local jobs, firms and procurement.
Council has appointed SR Excavations Pty Ltd after a competitive open tender process. The total project cost is in the order of $923,000 which is fully funded by the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program. This project is about to start week ending 15 January 2021 and is expected to be completed early April, subject to favourable weather and any potential Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the State Government.
Council recognises that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect the residents and road users, especially when much of our work is determined by weather conditions; therefore these works are planned to occur during the dry weather periods of Summer and early Autumn.
Benefits for the community
The aim of this project is important in ensuring the urban road network is safe and sustainable for the community into the future and appropriate levels of service are maintained. Our works will provide formalised parking bay along the Northern side (residential side) of Fincher Street.
What to expect
- The project will include but not limited to road pavement widening, driveway crossover works, asphalt sealing, underground stormwater drainage, kerb and footpath construction. Works will be very similar to previous stage undertaken in Fincher Street, which was completed in late 2016.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures, including Variable Message Board (VMS) will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and for your own safety and others, there will be some access restrictions, such as road closures and detours as required. Local and emergency access will be provided. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby residents, businesses and user groups who may be impacted by these works. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to motorists, residents and businesses. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times.
- As part of these works, new concrete will be placed through landowner’s driveways. Access to their properties will be restricted for a four-day period following from when the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles can use the driveway. Our contractor will advise them, in advance, of any works affecting access to their properties.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction including earthworks and use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- SR Excavation Pty Ltd – Project Manager – Brad Hewton – 0429 598 819
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team, Martin O’Flynn – Capital Project Officer or Jani Surasinghe - Contract Superintendent - 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.