Wonthaggi Railway Station Extension - Stage 1
We wish to advise that Council has awarded a contract to TS Constructions Pty Ltd to carry out the Wonthaggi Railway Station Extension – Stage 1 located near Apex Park off Murray Street. Future staged works will be the installation of glazing around the perimeter of the platform. These glazing works will programmed in the future, subject to further funding. Please see below the map of the site and proposed works.
Stage 1 includes the following works:
- Certifications and approvals including building permits from relevant authorities and payment of all associated fees and charges
- A new addition to the west of the current station building with administration and storage facilities
- Construction of a new accessible toilet and kitchenette
- Passage with a direct link to the station building
- Remove existing sliding door and relocate it to a new location
- Energy efficient lighting systems throughout
The contractor is anticipated to start week ending 14 August 2020 and take up to 20 weeks (5 months) to complete, subject to weather permitting and contractor availability. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $265,000.
What to expect:
- It is expected that there will be sections of the pathway impeded during material delivery and removal of excavated soil.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website. For information or assistance, please contact:
- TS Constructions – Director – Trevor Bowler – 0419 311 461
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Abbas Niazi – Project Manager on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2187
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.