Wonthaggi Old Post Office - Replacement of Roofing
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire has engaged DAS Constructions Pty Ltd to undertake the replacement of metal roof to Wonthaggi Old Post Office building located on the corner of Watts Street and McBride Avenue.
This project is a part of the 2021/22 Capital Works Building Renewal Program and is fully funded by Council in the order of $15,000. Temporary scaffolding is currently being installed and construction works are anticipated to start Friday 10 September 2021 and programmed to be completed within 3-4 weeks, subject to favourable weather, material/supplier availability and any further COVID-19 restrictions.
- The current metal roof and box gutter has deteriorated and needs to be replaced
- The ground floor office area (directly underneath the roof) is experiencing water ingress, most likely caused due to the leaking roof system
- The internal finishes such as ceiling, walls and carpet remain in a damp condition
Benefits to the Community
- The roof replacement will provide a watertight building and prevent water leaks into the building
- The ground floor rooms can be restored into a usable office space
- Minimise costs in relation stormwater damage and ongoing maintenance issues
What to Except
The refurbishment works will include:
- Temporary fencing installed to cordon off the construction work area
- A scaffold with steps will be installed to access the roof
- Handrails will be attached to the brick parapet
- Demolition of existing metal deck roof and box gutter
- Construction of new roof and box gutter
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website. For information or assistance, please contact:
- DAS Constructions Pty Ltd – Project Manager – Dale Satori 0438 413 297
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – John Dordevic – 0412 574 369
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.