Wonthaggi Goods Shed - Footing Renewal
We wish to advise that Infrastructure Delivery team has awarded a quotation to PUGH House Relocations Pty Ltd to carry out stump footing renewal works for the Wonthaggi Goods Shed located behind Apex Park off Murray Street. Please find below a map of the worksite.
These works will include:
- Certifications and approvals including building permits from relevant authorities and payment of all associated fees and charges
- Forming custom moulds and casting of concrete stumps/footings
- Making concrete pads and installing stumps/footings as a staged construction
The contractor has started making the moulds/castings for the stumps and it is anticipated to start onsite the week of 19 October 2020 and be completed by mid-December 2020, subject to weather permitting and contractor availability. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $75,000 as part of 20/21 Capital Works program. All appropriate permits have been secured and approved.
Bass Coast Shire Council is committed to providing safe, compliant and functional building facilities, reserves and other public infrastructure within the Bass Coast Shire. This project will ensure delivery of Council's adopted Community Service Levels for buildings within the Shire which are being completed under the Building and Open Space Renewal Program.
What to expect:
- It is expected that there will be sections of the rail trail and carpark area impeded during material delivery, removal of excavated soil and installation of new stumps.
- The Goods Shed will have access during the construction period.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as installation of the concrete stumps.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website. For information or assistance, please contact:
- PUGH House Relocations Pty Ltd – Mat Pugh – 0418 138 727
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Dulee Menik – Project Manager Building and Open Space on 1300 BCOAST (226 278)
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.