Wonthaggi - Fairy Lighting - McBride Avenue
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has appointed RJC Electrical Pty Ltd to carry out a test for the installation of fairy lighting onto the Norfolk Pine tree in McBride Avenue, Wonthaggi. See map below.
Construction works are anticipated to start on the 21 July 2021, and is anticipated to be completed within 2-3 days, subject to favourable weather, supplier and material availability and any potential State Covid-19 restrictions. The test will approximately cost $9,000. Should the test be successful, the remaining trees will likely be installed with fairy lighting as part of the 2021/2022 Capital Works Program.
Benefits to the community
The aim of this work is to progress the goals of the Wonthaggi Unlocked and Wonthaggi Activity Centre Plan through street beautification works.
What to expect
- Wrapping of one Norfolk Pine tree with firefly outdoor fairy lights. The tree is located near the corner of McBride Avenue and Watt Street.
- Electrical work at heights, at the southern end of McBride Avenue.
- All works will be conducted during normal business opening hours, apart from a night test which is expected to occur on the 23 July at 6pm, via the use of a generator.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented around the Norfolk Pine. This will impact on some carparking spaces (corner of Watt Street and McBride Avenue) not being available during these works.
- We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby businesses and properties. The contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction.
Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Major Projects Team – Andrew Baird 0435 288 825 or Damian Prendergast (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.