Wonthaggi - Accessible Pathway Crossovers - Wonthaggi CBD- COMPLETED
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has appointed local contractor Super Paving (Vic.) Pty Ltd under our annual supply contract to carry out modification works to some footpath crossing points in Wonthaggi. See map below.
Construction works are anticipated to start week ending 25 June 2020 and expected to be completed within 2-3 weeks, subject to favourable weather, supplier and material availability and any potential State Covid-19 restrictions. These works are funded by Council through footpath renewal program in the order of $45,000 and is part of Council’s 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
The aim of this project is to improve access for those with mobility challenges and pedestrians for the community. These works will give residents along these streets, nearby school and the greater area, improved footpath crossing points to nearby shopping precinct.
What to Expect
What to expect
- Removal and replace with new compliant footpath crossings, located adjacent to National Australia Bank (NAB) and Chill Bills, corner of Graham and Billson Streets. The other site is located adjacent to the Ford Garage, corner of McKenzie and Graham Streets, Wonthaggi.
- New drainage infrastructure and paved areas are to be re-constructed to achieve appropriate and compliant grades for footpath users.
- For safety reasons, these crossover areas will be a construction zone. Appropriate and approved traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works. All works have been approved by the relevant road authorities.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy works such as saw cutting and use of trucks delivering concrete.
- All works will be conducted during normal business opening hours.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby businesses and properties and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. A letter drop will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Super Paving (Vic.) Pty Ltd – Guy Cicala – 0429 598 819
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – David Vaea or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.