Wonthaggi - Bass Coast Aquatics and Leisure Centre - COMPLETED
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has engaged Insight Construction Group Pty Ltd to undertake the refurbishment of female amenities at the Wonthaggi Aquatics and Leisure Centre. See plan attached.
This project is a part of the 2021/22 Capital Works Building Renewal Program and is fully funded by Council in the order of $95,000. Construction works are anticipated to start Monday 16 August 2021 and programmed to be completed within 5 weeks, subject to material/supplier availability and any further COVID-19 restrictions.
Benefits of the Community
- The current female shower cubicles are not “fit for purpose” and require upgrading and the existing epoxy floor surface in the female amenities has deteriorated and needs to be replaced.
- The overall project outcome will provide “fit for purpose” amenities for the public and further ensure a high level of OH&S standards are maintained.
What to Expect
The refurbishment works will include:
- replacing the epoxy floor surface in the female amenities (includes toilet floor area, showers, hallway and changing room)
- remove existing partition block walls in shower cubicles and construct new partitions using a slimline partition system thus providing an increased circulation space
- installing new plumbing fittings, includes replacing two hot and cold spindle taps with one lever handle tap to shower cubicles
- demolish existing raised concrete bases to showers and construct new concrete floor at uniform level – i.e. no trip hazards
- construction of new non-slip epoxy surface to continue throughout the new shower floor area (reduce slip hazards - no more floor tiles in shower)
- replacement of old light fitting with LED fittings to throughout entire female amenities area
- The Aquatic Centre and Leisure Centre will remain open to the public and operate as normal during the entire construction period. Council officers and the contractor will continue to work closely with Wonthaggi Aquatic Leisure centre staff throughout the project.
- Temporary female amenities will be provided for the patrons to utilise during the construction period.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website. For information or assistance, please contact:
- Insight Construction Group Pty Ltd – Project Manager – Shaun Parlby – 0408 176 942
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – John Dordevic – 0412 574 369
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.