Wonthaggi - White Road – Footpath Renewal- COMPLETED
Council has appointed Super Paving Pty Ltd to undertake footpath renewal works along White Road between property 239-269 and Sherwood Court, Wonthaggi as a part of Council’s adopted 2019/2020 Capital Works Program. These works are being funded by Council through the Footpath Renewal Program in the order of $36,500.
Construction works have started and may take up to 3-4 weeks to complete, subject to favourable weather conditions. The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians and increase the number of footpaths, lanes and pathways for the community. These works will give residents along the streets and in the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection to this area and nearby shopping precincts. See the map below.
The construction works will involve:
- Removal of the existing path and replace with a 2.5 metre wide, fibre reinforced concrete path (160 metres long)
- Service adjustments for water, power and Telstra services as required.
As a part of these works, new concrete may be placed through the landowners driveways. Access to their properties will be restricted for a four day period following from when the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles can use the driveway. Our contractor will advise the land owners, in advance, of any works affecting access to their property.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to these landowners and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor(s) will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au. A letter drop and mail out will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For information or assistance please contact
- Super Paving Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Guy Cicala 0418 542 811
- Bass Coast Shire Council's Infrastructure Delivery Team – Marty O’Flynn, or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on I300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 221l
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the Iatest updates.