Ventnor - Pavement Renewal - Ventnor Beach Road - COMPLETED
We wish to advise that the Infrastructure Delivery team has appointed contractors Sure Constructions Pty Ltd through our annual supply contract to carry out road pavement renewal works along Ventnor Beach Road between the end of new seal to the Ventnor Beach Road/Berrys Beach Road roundabout (about 300 metres) in Ventnor. See map of highlight area below.
Construction works may start during the week of 23 November and may take up to 4 weeks to complete, weather permitting. This project is part of Council’s adopted 2020/21 Capital Works Program. The total project cost will be in the order of $210,000. This road is requiring pavement renewal works which is important in ensuring the urban road network is safe and sustainable for the community into the future and appropriate levels of service are maintained.
Our works will involve:
- Minor road widening to achieve a minimum 6m wide road pavement area
- 300 metres of road pavement renewal by adding rock overlay, cement stabilisation to the existing road pavement
- Road sealing works
- Linemarking and other associated road infrastructure works
There will be changes in traffic movements that include a lane closure controlled by traffic controllers / traffic lights and a worksite speed restriction of 40 km/hr. Outside of normal working hours the road will be returned to two lane traffic at appropriate speed restrictions. Please obey all traffic control measures onsite. Our staff and workers have families too! We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction.
For information or assistance during these works, please contact:
- Sure Constructions, Site Supervisor – Steve Mitchell 0417 577 232
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery team – David Vaea or Asset Officer – Roads, Scott Morrison on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 (business hours Monday to Friday)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.