Newhaven - Grayden’s Reserve Upgrade
We’re holding three consultation sessions to further the design of the Skate Park and Play Space Project.
These sessions are all on Tuesday, 10 March and will focus on:
- Information drop-in session: 2.00pm – 4.00pm at Grayden’s Reserve
- Play Space and Landscaping Design session: 5.30pm – 6.30pm at the Phillip Island Visitor Information Centre
- Skate Park Design: 7.00pm - 8.00pm at the Phillip Island Visitor information Centre
Grayden’s Reserve in Newhaven has been identified as the preferred site for a Skate Park and Play Space Project.
This comes after the plan to locate the facility on the San Remo foreshore was abandoned earlier in the year, due to site limitations.
Grayden's Reserve has been selected because:
- high level of natural surveillance
- suitable size with adequate car-parking
- close proximity to shops and public transport
- existing toilet and barbecue facilities on site
The Reserve's existing skate park is temporary and the play space is ageing and ready to be upgraded.
Grayden's Reserve Working Group
Community members have the opportunity to join the Grayden's Reserve Working Group, and work with Council officers and consultants Playce to design the upgrade of the Reserve. We are expecting the concept design for the Project to be on public exhibition for final community feedback by March 2020.
To express your interest in joining the Group or for more information on the Project please contact Coordinator Recreation and Culture, Greg Polson on firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211.