San Remo - Drainage Improvement
Council has appointed Eco Projects Pty Ltd. to carry out drainage improvement works including the installation of a Gross Pollutant Trap (GPT) on the main stormwater outfall in San Remo, as part of Council's 2018/19 Capital Works Program.
These works will occur in November 2018 and February 2019.
The aim of this project is to improve the visual amenity of the foreshore precinct and improve stormwater quality and discharge into Westernport Bay. These drainage works are important in ensuring the urban drainage network is sustainable for the community in future. The works will include:
- removal and disposal of existing redundant stormwater outfall pipes (about 70m) located within the waterline area
- construction of new 525mm diameter outfall pipe (33m) from the existing drainage pit beside the foreshore path, including installation of a backflow prevention device. This new pipe will extend into the waterline area. A backflow device is designed so that water flows in one direction through a piped stormwater system and minimises water flowing back up stormwater pipes.
- installation of a new GPT including hardstand area and access point for maintenance vehicles. GPT's are devices installed as part of the stormwater drainage network to capture solid waste such as litter and sediments before it can enter the waterways or bays.
- modifications to existing drainage pits to match new levels.
There will be changes in traffic movements within the foreshore carpark area during construction, as some spaces will be used by the contractor for site establishment and construction works. Beach access and pedestrian movements may also be affected. Please seek alternate routes. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and ask for your patience during this time. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions.
This project is fully funded by Council in the order of $310,000.
For more information or assistance, please contact:
- Eco Projects Pty Ltd Site Supervisor - Alby Donohue - 0409 581 330
- Council's Infrastructure Delivery Team - Ravi Raveendran or Russell Thomas or Asset Management Team - Laurie Gervasi on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- email firstname.lastname@example.org