Rooftop Solar Installation at Wonthaggi Depot and Inverloch Hub
Installation works are about to commence for rooftop solar PV systems at Wonthaggi Depot site and Inverloch Hub. These works are part of Council’s participation in Stream 3 of the Local Government Energy Saver Program (LGES) administered by Sustainability Victoria recognising that Local Governments, particularly in rural and regional Victoria, own and manage a range of facilities that present opportunities for emissions reduction through increased use of renewable energy.
The cost of this project is $73,007.00, inclusive of grant funding of $36,503 to be received from Sustainability Victoria upon successful completion of the project. The installation is expected to reduce the annual electricity costs of these sites by $15,217 a year, with the investment payback of approximately 4 years.
It is anticipated that the installation for the following sites:
Wonthaggi Depot - 02 December to 04 December 2019
Inverloch Hub - 05 December to 06 December 2019
*denotes weather and site conditions may affect this work schedule
Given the nature of the works being performed, it is inevitable that noise and vibrations due to roof access by contractors and mounting the panels will be associated with the installation works. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise noise and disruptions to these buildings, however please consider the following:
What to expect:
- Crane access to be onsite on the first day of each installation from 10:00am for approximately 2 hours
- Scaffolding access requires installation the week prior for Wonthaggi Depot (possibly next week either 28/29 November 2019). Dates and times to be confirmed.
- The contractor will be accessing the internal garden space and roof access points at the Inverloch Hub. Some carparking bays beside the library at the Hub may be closed for the purpose of the installation. Carpark users may wish to seek alternate parking during this period.
- A power shutdown ideally will be scheduled between 7:00am and 9:00am on the final day of installation for both sites, however, the onsite electrician will advise onsite affected operational staff accordingly if there are any changes.
Discussions have already been held with key internal stakeholders and will continue over the coming weeks to ensure minimum disruption to daily operations.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website. For information or assistance, please contact:
- Island Energy – Site Supervisor/Electrician – Joel Reid 0421 214 504
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Russell Jacgung – Capital Project Officer – Building and Open Space or Benita Russell - Climate change and sustainability advisor on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.