Renewal of Ventnor Common Boardwalk - Ventnor Beach Road
The Infrastructure Delivery team wish to advise of replacement works of the existing boardwalk at Ventnor Common, off Ventnor Beach Road. Works have started and may take up to 5 weeks to complete, subject to contractor’s availability and weather permitting. Please see the map below.
Council is committed to supporting businesses and the local community in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic. These works are being undertaken as part of Bass Coast Shire Council’s 2020/21 Open Space Renewal Program, and are fully funded by Council in the order of $67,000 The project is a collaborative partnership between Council and Phillip Island Nature Parks (PINP) who will lead these works on behalf of Council.
The works involve
- stripping and removal of all timber floor joists and the timber deck
- Installation of new timber floor joists and fibreglass reinforced mesh deck and a new timber gate
- Entrance improvement works which includes minor earthworks, new gravel pavement and culvert pipe.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and ask for your patience during this time. Our contractor and Council staff will work to minimise disruptions during construction.
For information or assistance please contact:
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – David Vaea – Capital Project Officer or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Laurie Gervasi on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project