Redevelopment of Dalyston Recreation Reserve
Council wishes to advise of the redevelopment of the Dalyston Netball Courts and construction of a new change pavilion within the Dalyston Recreation Reserve commencing in late November 2020.
This project represents an investment in sport and recreation facilities in Dalyston and will create a high quality netball facility. There are over 100 players and generally 20-plus officials and umpires and spectators who regularly participate and access the courts. This project will result in:
- two (2) compliant netball courts with high quality acyclic playing surface which meet Netball Victoria guidelines, new perimeter fencing, lighting, shelters and multi-court playing/practicing area
- a new netball change room pavilion which includes two change rooms with toilets and showers, accessible public amenities, multi-purpose space, umpires room, first aid rooms, basic kitchen and storage facilities
These exciting projects are about to start on 23 November 2020 and is expected to be completed by 29 March 2021, subject to favourable weather and potential Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the State Government. Council recognises that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect key recreational user groups, especially when much of our work is determined by weather conditions; therefore these works are planned to occur during the “off-season” for the netball club in readiness for the next season.
Council has appointed AS Lodge (VIC) Pty Ltd for the redevelopment of Dalyston Netball Courts and TS Construction Pty Ltd for the new Change Pavilion. The total project cost is $1,350,000 with contributions from Council ($850,000), Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV - $500,000). In addition, Council acknowledges the significant contributions from Dalyston Recreation Reserve committee and clubs, for the detailed design of pavilion and netball courts.
What to expect
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and that we appreciate that for your own safety and others that access will be restricted. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby residents, businesses and user groups who may be impacted by these works. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to recreation reserve users, motorists, residents and businesses
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction including earthworks and use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials
- There will be no public access to the Reserve toilet as this being demolished as part of the works
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- Netball Courts – AS Lodge (VIC) Pty Ltd – Project Manager – Sandy Lodge – 0418 325 406
- Change Pavilion – TS Constructions Pty Ltd – Project Manager – Trevor Bowler – 0419 311 461
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team, Martin O’Flynn – Capital Project Officer or Jani Surasinghe - Contract Superintendent - 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.