Ramsey Boulevard / Miller Terrace Retaining Wall, Inverloch
SR Excavations Pty Ltd has been appointed to reconstruct a section of the Ramsey Boulevard rock wall located on the north side of Ramsey Boulevard road reserve adjoining to Miller Terrace in Inverloch. This project is being undertaken as a part of Councils adopted 2018/19 Capital Works Program and is fully funded by Council in the order of $175,000.
The existing rock wall has reached the end of its life (or serviceability) and requires a replacement. The new rock wall is required to protect the existing road asset of Miller Terrace. These works are anticipated to start from Monday 1 April 2019 and may take up to 4 weeks to complete, weather permitting.
These works will involve:
- the removal of four (4) trees and demolition of the existing rock wall. All necessary permits have been acquired. The removal works will significantly improve road safety sight lines for vehicles travelling along Ramsey Boulevard
- relocation and adjustment of water services as required. An existing street light in Ramsey Boulevard, adjacent to the works, will be removed in the future, subject to approvals
- earthworks to realign the new rock wall for road safety improvements
- reinstatement of topsoil and seeding.
Please note the following impacts may occur during construction:
- an underground water service will be relocated/lowered as a part of these works. Our contractor will advise property owners in advance of any works that may affect their property, where appropriate.
- there may be some minor traffic delays along Ramsey Boulevard/Miller Terrace during construction.
Appropriate site control and protection measures, including traffic control, will be in place throughout the construction period. Our contractor and staff will notify nearby residents via letter drop and/or mailout that may be impacted by these works. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to you and we ask for your patience. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise the disruptions to local residents and road users, while implementing appropriate traffic control measures onsite. Road users may wish to seek alternate routes during the construction period.
For any further information or assistance, in the first instance, please contact:
- SR Excavations Brad Hewton – Site Supervisor on 0429 598 819
- Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Fred Wright on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 221
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org