Inverloch - New Footpath - Powlett Street - COMPLETED
We wish to advise that the Infrastructure Delivery team has appointed Super Paving (Vic) Pty Ltd as part of our annual supply contracts, to construct a new footpath along Powlett Street between Sandy Mount Avenue and Bear Street in Inverloch. See map below.
Construction works are anticipated to start the week ending 28 August 2020 and be completed in mid-November 2020, subject to favourable weather conditions and contractor availability. These works are funded by Council through the footpath GAPS program in the order of $180,000 and is a part of Council’s adopted 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians and increase the number of footpaths, lanes and pathways for the community. These works will give residents along the street, and the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection to this area and nearby shopping precinct.
These works will involve:
- Construction of a new 2 metre wide fibre reinforced concrete path on the west side of Powlett Street between Sandy Mount Avenue and Bear Street, including service adjustments for Telstra as required.
- Some tree trimming along Powlett Street including one tree to be removed on the nature strip in front of 5 Powlett Street. All necessary permits and approvals have been acquired.
- Some driveways will need to be adjusted as they are too steep to meet Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliance for the new footpath. Our officers will continue to work with those affected property owners.
As a part of these works, new concrete may be placed through property owners’ driveways. Access to these properties will be restricted for a four-day period following from when the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles
and use the driveway. Our contractor will advise these property owners in advance of any works affecting access to their properties.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to these landowners and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction.
Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. A letter drop and mail out will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact
- Super Paving (VIC) Pty Ltd’s Site Supervisor – Guy Cicala 0418 542 811
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Martin O’Flynn or Council’s Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.aufor updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.