Sunset Strip - Footpath Construction - Phillip Island Road - COMPLETED
Bass Coast Shire has appointed contractors Steve Wheatley Concreting Pty Ltd. under our annual supply contract to carry out new footpath works along Phillip Island Road between Amaze N Things (Mini Golf) to Phillip Island Nature Park Reserve in Sunset Strip. See map below.
Construction works are anticipated to start 19 October 2020 and take up to 6 weeks to complete, subject to favourable weather and contractor availability. These works are funded by Council through the Footpath GAPS Program in the order of $67,000 and is part of Council’s 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians for the community and provide better linkages and safer connections to other path networks in the area.
What to expect
- Construction of a new footpath, approximately 220 metres long, 2.5 metres wide fibre reinforced concrete which will link to the existing gravel track within Phillip Island Nature Park Reserve.
- A footpath connection point at Smiths Beach Road adjacent to the existing gravel track from Phillip Island Nature Park Reserve
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as saw cutting and use of trucks delivering concrete.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to these landowners and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Access will be maintained to nearby businesses during these works
Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. Nearby businesses will be contacted by our contractor about these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Steve Wheatley Concreting Pty Ltd – Steve Wheatley – 0419 003 052
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Russell Thomas or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.