Newhaven Boat Ramp Jetty - Renewal Works
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has awarded a contract to MACA Civil Pty Ltd to carry out Newhaven Boat Ramp Jetty Renewal Works at Newhaven. See map attached.
Construction works will start from 4 February 2022 and completion is anticipated by 22 February 2022 subject to favourable weather, tides, contractor availability and any potential Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the State Government. These works are fully funded by Better Boating Victoria (BBV) in the order of $185,000 and are part of Council’s 2021/22 Capital Works Program for Marine Structures.
Benefits to the Community
- The works are being done to renew components of the existing jetty that has deteriorated due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- Raising the height of the lower deck to increase capacity during high tides for launching and retrieval for boat users.
- To ensure that these works are completed timely and the anticipated closure of the Rhyll Boat Ramp facility upgrade (Stage 2 - Marine works) in late February 2022
What to Expect
- Renewal/repair works of the jetty including raising of lower deck, replacement of existing upper deck floor and improvements to the substructure.
- Boat ramp and jetty will be closed to public for 4 days from 8 February 2022 to 11 February 2022. After that duration, the boat ramp will remain open and the contractor will facilitate and manage all vessel owners during working hours, including pedestrians to use the boat ramp etc.
- Prior to work commencement, VMS boards will be placed at appropriate location a week prior to any works commencing to enable general public/recreational boat users to seek alternative boat ramp facilities that are located at Corinella, Cowes and Rhyll.
- For safety reasons, this jetty area will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as power tools and use of trucks delivering materials to site.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to recreational users of this facility and we ask for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- MACA Infrastructure Pty Ltd – Project Manager - Chris Williamson – 0427 063 402
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Contract Superintendent – Faisal Javaid or David Vaea – Site Representative, otherwise Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Laurie Gervasi on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.