Miners Drive, Wonthaggi - New Footpath - Final Stage
We wish to advise that the Infrastructure Delivery team has appointed Super Paving (Vic.) Pty Ltd to carry out the final stage of a new footpath along the west side of Miners Drive, near Brudenhall Terrace and the existing footpath near Beveridge Close, Wonthaggi.
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians and increase the number of footpaths, lanes and pathways for the community. These works will give residents along the streets, and the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection to this area, the proposed new and specialist school through to the main shopping areas within Wonthaggi.
Works will start week ending 18 October 2019 and will take up to 4 weeks, subject to favourable weather and contractor availability. These works are funded by Council through the Footpath Gaps Program in the order of $70,000 and is part of Council’s adopted 2019-20 Capital works program.
These works involve:
- Minor vegetation clearing to allow for the construction of the new footpath
- Construction of a 1.5 metre fibre reinforced concrete path and service adjustments for water, power and Telstra services as required.
- Some existing driveways (Property numbers No. 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40 & 44 Miners Drive) will be replaced at no cost to the property owner. The reason for replacement of some driveways is to allow the correct cross fall and match new levels for the path
As part of these works, new concrete may be placed through other landowner’s driveways. Access to their properties will be restricted for a four-day period following from when the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles can use the driveway. Our contractor will advise them, in advance, of any works affecting access to their properties.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to these landowners and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au. A letter drop and mail out will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Super Paving Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Guy Cicala 0418 542 811
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Martin O’Flynn or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com