Krowera - Road Renewal Works - Kernot-Krowera Road
Council wishes to advise of the start of road works along a section of Kernot-Krowera Road, Krowera (see map attached here).
Council has engaged Sure Constructions Pty Ltd through our annual supply contracts to carry out road pavement renewal works. The total project cost is in the order of $357,000 which is fully funded by Council. This project is about to start week ending 16 April 2021 and is expected to be completed in 4 weeks, subject to favourable weather and any potential Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the State Government. Council recognises that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect the local residents and road users, especially when much of our work is determined by weather conditions.
Benefits for the community
- The aim of this project is important in ensuring the rural road network is safe and sustainable for the community into the future and appropriate levels of service are maintained.
What to expect
- The project will include but not limited to:
- minor tree trimming, shaping and grading of open swale drains where the roadworks will occur.
- Over 1000 metres of road pavement renewal by adding rock overlay, cement and lime stabilisation to the existing road pavement
- Road sealing works
- Appropriate traffic control measures will be implemented onsite during these works. There will be changes in traffic movements that include a lane closure controlled by traffic controllers/traffic lights and a worksite speed restriction of 40 km/hr. Outside of normal working hours the road will be returned to two lane traffic at appropriate speed restrictions. Please obey all traffic control measures onsite. Our staff and workers have families too!
- This will be a construction zone and for your own safety and others, there will be some access restrictions as required. Local and emergency access will be provided. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby residents, businesses and user groups who may be impacted by these works. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to motorists, residents and businesses. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction including earthworks and use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- Sure Constructions Pty Ltd – Project Manager – Steve Mitchell – 0417 577 232
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team, Martin O’Flynn – Capital Project Officer on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.