Jam Jerrup - Drainage Renewal Works - Foreshore Road - COMPLETED
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has appointed SR Excavations Pty Ltd as part of our annual supply contracts to carry out drainage renewal works along Foreshore Road in Jam Jerrup. See map below.
Construction works are anticipated to commence 4 August 2021 and finish within 4 weeks, subject to favourable weather and any potential Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the State Government. The project is funded from the Distinctive Areas and Landscapes Capital Funding 2019/2020 program from the Victorian Government in the order of $70,000.
Benefits to the Community
- This project is part of a partnership with Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) and Bass Coast Shire. Recent seawall protection works have been completed by DELWP
- The aim of this project is to minimise stormwater runoff flowing across the newly constructed seawall embankments.
- Improve the quality of road stormwater runoff and direct the stormwater flow along Foreshore Road to discharge at the outfall.
What to Expect
- Reconstruction of property crossovers to the boundary line and reshaping of the open drains on grade.
- Install a new stormwater drainage pit at Bay Road intersection and re-alignment of existing stormwater property outlets from boundary to new discharge point, as required.
- Minor outfall drainage works and installation of a soakage pit. Soakage pits are a water sensitive urban design (WSUD) mechanism that relies on the stormwater principles of retention and infiltration. Soakage Pits are located at the end of a stormwater drainage network, hence the lowest lying point, buried underground and out of sight. The soakage pits collect the incoming storm water, and stores it while the water slowly percolates into the surrounding ground through an infiltration process. In layman’s terms water is directed off the surface where it is a nuisance, and stored underground where it slowly seeps into the earth.
- Reinstatement works of Foreshore Road as required.
- For safety reasons, these drainage works will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works. As always, local and emergency access to properties will be maintained at all times.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks for removal or delivery of other materials to site.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- SR Excavations Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Brad Hewton – 0429 598 819
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Faisal Javaid, otherwise Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard or Simon Harris on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.