Inverloch - Wreck Creek Culvert - Surf Parade
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has appointed local contractor Wiltrack Earthmoving Pty Ltd as part of our annual supply contracts to carry out culvert extension works at Wreck Creek in Inverloch. See maps below.
Construction works are anticipated to start week ending 30 July 2020 and expected to be completed within 2-3 weeks, subject to favourable weather, supplier and material availability and any potential State Covid-19 restrictions. These works are funded by Council through bridge and culvert renewal program in the order of $80,000 and is part of Council’s 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
Benefits to the Community
The aim of this project is to renew culvert structure and provide protection from erosion of the road at this location.
What to Expect
- Extension of the downstream (south side) triple culverts 1500mm diameter by 2.0 metres long (see approximate extension on attached map), including installation of a new headwall, rock beaching and minor vegetation removal.
- Construction of a temporary dam on the downstream end of Wreck Creek, whilst culvert extension works are being undertaken. This will ensure that the existing water ponding will remain and ensure environmental flows and conditions are maintained.
- For safety reasons, this will be a construction zone. Appropriate and approved traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works. All appropriate works approvals and permits have been approved from the relevant agencies.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks/crane for delivering concrete/culverts to site.
- We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby properties and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Road users may experience minor delays and may wish to seek alternate routes during the construction period or plan your trip accordingly. As always, emergency vehicle access to properties will be maintained at all times.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs, where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- Wiltrack Earthmoving Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor - Michael Wilson – 0409 560 886
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Marty O’Flynn or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Simon Harris on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.