Inverloch - Tennis Court Redevelopment
Council wishes to advise of the redevelopment of the Inverloch Tennis Club Courts located off Pier Road within Thompsons Reserve, Inverloch to start in mid-November 2019. This project represents another significant investment in sport and recreation facilities in Inverloch. This project will result in:
- A total of four (4) compliant tennis courts with high quality acrylic playing surface which meet Tennis Victoria guidelines including new perimeter fencing and lighting.
The Inverloch Tennis Courts project is an additional major commitment, which has been identified through an organised approach, achieved through Council’s Active Bass Coast Plan, Council’s Open Space Asset Management. The project supports Council’s Active Bass Coast Plans visions and objectives, which is a 10 year Plan that sets the vision for the provision of open space, recreation facilities and services across the municipality.
This exciting project is about to start from 18 November 2019 and is expected to be completed by mid-March 2020, weather permitting. Council recognises that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect key recreational user groups, especially when much of our work is determined by weather conditions.
Council has awarded a contract to Turf One Pty Ltd. The total project cost is in the order of $800,000 which is fully funded by Council.
What to expect
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and that we appreciate that for your own safety and others that access will be restricted. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby residents,
businesses and user groups who may be impacted by these works. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to tennis club, recreation reserve users, motorists, schools, residents and businesses.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction, including use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- Turf One Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Corey Tucker – 0408 493 727
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team, Marty O’Flynn – Capital Project Officer or Russell Jacgung - Contract Superintendent - 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.