Inverloch - Pavement Improvements - Lohr Avenue
Notice of Works
Council wishes to advise of the commencement of road pavement improvements and lowering of existing sewer pits along Lohr Avenue, Inverloch in May 2021. See map below.
Council has appointed SR Excavations Pty Ltd as part of our annual supply contract in partnership with South Gippsland Water Authority. The total project cost is in the order of $175,000 which is fully funded by Council under the Road renewal program. This project is about to start week of 10 May 2021 and is anticipated to be completed in seven (7) weeks.
Council recognises that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect the residents and road users, especially when much of our work is determined by favourable weather conditions, contractor availability and any potential Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the State Government.
Benefits to the Community
The aim of this project is important in ensuring the urban road network is safe and sustainable for the community into the future and appropriate levels of service are maintained.
What to Expect
The project will include but not limited to:
- repair of subsided road paving areas by fixing the existing road pavement and re-laying the existing pavers to match sewer pit levels at seven (7) sites along Lohr Avenue.
- the lowering of three (3) sewer pit lids along Lohr Avenue to match existing pavement levels.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures, will be implemented onsite during these works. These sites will be a construction zone and for your own safety and others, there will be some access restrictions, as required. Local, emergency and waste services access will be provided. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby residents who may be impacted by these works. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to motorists and local residents. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction including pavement works and use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website, letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- SR Excavation Pty Ltd – Project Manager – Brad Hewton – 0429 598 819
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team, David Vaea – Capital Project Officer - 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.