Inverloch - New Footpath - Cashin Street
Bass Coast Shire Council has appointed Super Paving (Vic.) Pty Ltd as part of our annual supply contracts to construct a new footpath along Cashin Street, between Diane Place and Park Street, Inverloch. See the map below.
Construction works are anticipated to start week ending 12 March 2021 and take up to 4 weeks to finish, subject to favourable weather, contractor availability and any potential COVID-19 restrictions. These works are funded by Council through the Footpath GAPS Program in the order of $47,500 and is part of Council’s adopted 2020/21 Capital works program.
Benefits to the Community
- The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians for the community. These works will give residents along the streets and the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection to existing footpath network.
What to expect
- Construction of a new 170 metres long, 1.5 metre wide fibre reinforced concrete path, including service pit adjustments for Telstra as required.
- As part of these works, new concrete may be placed through landowner’s driveways. Access to their properties will be restricted for a four-day period following from when the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles can use the driveway. Our contractor will advise them, in advance, of any works affecting access to their properties.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and for your own safety and others, there will be some access restrictions, as required.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering concrete or other materials.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to these landowners and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. A letter drop and mail out will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Super Paving Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Guy Cicala 0418 542 811
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Marty O’Flynn or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.