Inverloch - New Carpark - Thompson Reserve - COMPLETED
Notice of Works
Council wishes to advise of the construction of a new main vehicle access driveway and carpark off Cuttriss Street, for Thompson Reserve in Inverloch, commencing early September 2021.
This project is about to start week ending 3 September 2021 and is expected to be completed within 3-4 weeks, subject to favourable weather and any potential Covid-19 restrictions imposed by the State Government.
Council has appointed Wiltrack Earthmoving Pty Ltd as part of our annual supply contracts. The total project budget is in the order of $120,000 and is part of Council Capital Works Program 2021-22.
Benefits to the Community
This project represents an investment in sport and recreation facilities and is identified in the adopted Thompson Reserve Master Plan and will create:
- a new main vehicle access driveway off Cuttriss Street to improve road safety and enable the delivery of a new cricket and multi-purpose training facility (this project is funded and will also be delivered within Council’s Capital Works Program)
- a new carpark area with better connections to existing infrastructure, including the BMX Track, as highlighted on the attached plan. Please note this plan is indicative layout only and may be different to the completed works.
What to Expect
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and we appreciate that for your own safety and others that access will be restricted. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby residents, businesses and user groups who may be impacted by these works. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to recreation reserve users, motorists, schools, residents and businesses.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction including use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- Wiltrack Earthmoving Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor - Michael Wilson – 0409 560 886
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team, Martin O’Flynn – Capital Project Officer - 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.