Inverloch Netball Court redevelopment and New Change Pavilion
Council wishes to advise of the redevelopment of the Inverloch Netball Courts and construction of a new change pavilion within the Inverloch Recreation Reserve commencing late October. This project represents an investment in sport and recreation facilities in Inverloch and will create a high quality netball facility. There are over 100 users who regularly access the courts. This project will result in:
- two (2) compliant netball courts with high quality acyclic playing surface which meet Netball Victoria guidelines including new perimeter fencing, lighting, shelters and spectator viewing area
- a new pavilion which includes two change rooms with toilets and shower, accessible amenities, multi-purpose space, umpires room, medical room, basic kitchen and storage facilities
This exciting project is about to start from 28 October 2019 and is expected to be completed by 21 February 2020 for the Netball Courts and 20 March 2020 for the Change Pavilion, weather permitting.
Council recognises that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect key recreational user groups, especially when much of our work is determined by weather conditions; therefore these works are planned to occur during the “off-season” for the netball club in readiness for the next season.
Council has appointed contracts for the redevelopment of Inverloch Netball Courts - R&C Asphalt Paving Pty Ltd and a new change pavilion - TS Construction Pty Ltd. The total project costs are in the order of $450,000 for the Netball Courts and $527,000 for the Change Pavilion. Contributions to this project include; Council ($437,000), Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV - $500,000), Inverloch-Kongwak Football and Netball Club ($40,000). In addition, Council acknowledges the significant club contribution towards the detailed design for pavilion and netball courts.
What to expect
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and that we appreciate that for your own safety and others that access will be restricted. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby residents, businesses and user groups who may be impacted by these works. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to recreation reserve users, motorists, schools, residents and businesses.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction including use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- Netball Courts - R&C Asphalt Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Domonic Agustin 0434 967 757
- Change Pavilion – TS Constructions Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Trevor Bowler 0419 311 461
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team, Martin O’Flynn – Capital Project Officer or Russell Jacgung - Contract Superintendent - 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.