Inverloch Kindergarten - Replacement of External West Wall - COMPLETED
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has engaged DAS Constructions Pty Ltd to undertake the Replacement of External West Wall – Inverloch Kindergarten. A photo of the Inverloch Kindergarten wall prior to construction can be seen here.
This project is a part of the 2021/22 Capital Works Building Renewal Program and is fully funded by Council in the order of $70,000. Construction works is programmed to be undertaken while the kindergarten is closed during the holiday period of Monday 20 Dec 2021 until Friday 28 Jan 2022.
- During rainfall events there is an ingress of water into the building located along the west wall
- The west wall has significant rain-water damage to the timber studs, insulation and internal plaster
- Mould has started to accumulate along the wall and vinyl floor surface
Benefits to the Community
- Provide a watertight building and prevent future water leaks into the building
- Remove the mould and provide a hygienic kindergarten environment for all users
- Reduce ongoing maintenance costs in relation to stormwater damage and cleaning of mould
What to Expect
The refurbishment works will include:
- temporary fencing installed along the west wall boundary to cordon off the construction work area
- construction of new retaining wall, reshape external spoon drain and install new underground agi pipe
- demolition of existing west wall external cladding, internal plaster and timber studs
- construction of new west wall structure, cladding and roof flashing
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website. For information or assistance, please contact:
- DAS Constructions Pty Ltd – Project Manager – Dale Satori 0438 413 297
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – John Dordevic – 0412 574 369
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.