Inverloch Hub - Replacement of Solar - COMPLETED
Design and Installation for the replacement solar PV rooftop mounted system at Inverloch Hub will be starting from mid-February 2021. Council has awarded this project to Island Energy Pty Ltd. It is anticipated works to start on 16 February 2021 and take up to 3 days to complete, subject to favourable weather conditions and supplier availability. Please see below the map of the site.
The works will consist of design, installation and commissioning for the replacement of 46 solar panels (or 15.18kW solar system) above the Library at the Inverloch Hub. Currently the 12 kilowatt (kW) system operating at the site requires replacement due to the condition of the panels. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $22,000 as part of Council’s Capital Works program for 2020/21.
Benefit to the community:
Bass Coast Shire Council is committed to achieving zero net carbon emissions by 2030. To do this we are investing in renewable energy systems at our sites and investigating purchase of 100% renewable energy for all of Council electricity purchases. The Inverloch library has been generating renewable energy through a small solar system for a number of years and to ensure the ongoing solar capacity at the site, the older system will be replaced to improve the renewable energy production into the future.
What to expect:
Given the nature of the works being performed, it is inevitable that noise and vibrations due to roof access by contractors and mounting the panels will be associated with the installation works. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise noise and disruptions to these buildings, however please consider the following:
- Pre-inspection by the contractor to finalise some measurements for the project. Contractor will contact the Hub staff to advise a suitable day and time.
- Crane access to be onsite for removal of existing and lifting of new solar panels onto the roof.
- The contractor will be accessing roof access points at the Inverloch Hub and library areas. Some carparking bays beside the library at the Hub may be closed for the purpose of installation. Carpark users may wish to seek alternate parking during this period. Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works.
- A power shutdown ideally will be scheduled on the final day of installation. It is expected the power to be turned off at least for half a day, however the onsite electrician will advise onsite affected operational staff accordingly if there are any changes.
- Connection and commissioning process may take some time, once the installation and inspection for independent electrical inspector has been completed. Generally, this could take up to 1-2 months to process the application between the Council’s electrical retailer and Ausnet. Then the system can be turned on.
Discussions have already been held with key internal stakeholders and will continue over the coming weeks to ensure minimum disruption to daily operations. The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website.
For information or assistance, please contact:
- Island Energy – Sales & Operations Manager – Mark Cleverley– 0490 861 817
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Abbas Niazi – Senior Project Manager on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2187
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.