Halford Street and The Crescent Inverloch intersection
Council has appointed contractors SR Excavations Pty Ltd to carry out road construction and safety improvement works at the intersection of Halford Street and The Crescent in Inverloch. These works are part of our Local Road Safety Improvement Program in Council’s Capital works program for 2018/19. The value of these works is in the order of $100,000. The aim of this project is to improve the intersection safety and control the traffic speed at the intersection of Halford Street and The Crescent.
The works are anticipated to start on Monday, 3 June 2019 and will take up to 4 weeks, subject to contractor’s availability and weather permitting.
The works that will be undertaken are as follows:
- Upgrade the existing intersection at Halford Street and The Crescent for road safety purposes
- Minor drainage improvements and new kerb and channel works to delineate the new intersection
- Pavement works to support the intersection upgrade for Halford Street
- Some properties located within the works area with existing concrete driveways modified at no cost. The reason for replacing the driveways is to match the new levels of the kerb and channel
- Installation of appropriate signage and line marking at the intersection
Please note the following impacts may occur during construction:
- Some existing concrete driveways and kerb and channel works will be restricted for a five-day period after the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles can use the driveway. Our contractor will advise property owners in advance of any works affecting access to their property
- Some traffic delays may be expected during the road works. We appreciate that these works will present an inconvenience to you and we ask for your patience. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise the disruptions to local residents, while implementing appropriate traffic control measures onsite during these works. All other road users may wish to seek alternate routes during the construction period.
- Access to adjoining properties will be maintained throughout the works. Our contractor and staff will work closely with landowners within the vicinity of these works
These road works are important in ensuring the urban road network is safe and sustainable for the community into the future and appropriate levels of service are maintained. We acknowledge that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works without affecting road users, businesses and general public access at this location.
Temporary traffic measures will be in place throughout the duration of works based on the type of construction activity. We ask that you follow the direction of the signs and appropriate traffic control measures onsite. Adjacent landowners will be notified via letter drop and mail out.
For any further information or assistance during these construction works please
- SR Excavations Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Paul Kolac – 0439 597 476
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery team – David Vaea on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 (business hours Monday to Friday).
- Email: email@example.com