Grantville Transfer Station - Truck Wheel Wash - COMPLETED
Bass Coast Shire Council has appointed PR Power Pty Ltd to supply and install a truck wheel wash unit at Grantville Transfer Station. See map and picture of wheel wash unit below.
Supply of the wheel wash is expected by 16 December 2020, and expected to be commissioned within 2 days, subject to favourable weather and contractor availability. These works are funded by Council, and is part of Council’s 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
The aim of this project is to bring Grantville Transfer Station in line with landfill best management practices. The wheel wash will remove debris from the wheels and undercarriage of vehicles that visit the landfill face prior to returning to public roads.
What to expect
- Large vehicles moving throughout Grantville Transfer Station during delivery and installation of the wheel wash.
- The weigh bridge will not be accessible while the wheel wash is being installed and commissioned.
- For safety reasons, part of Grantville Transfer Station will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering concrete.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to business and users of the transfer station, and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Sustainable Environment team - Tony Price - Waste Services Co-ordinator
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.