Grantville Tennis Court Redevelopment - COMPLETED
Council wishes to advise of the redevelopment of the Grantville Tennis Courts located off Bass Highway within Grantville Recreation Reserve, Grantville has commenced. This project represents another significant investment in sport and recreation facilities in Grantville. This project will result in:
- A compliant tennis court with high quality acrylic playing surface which meet Tennis Victoria guidelines including new perimeter fencing and shelters
- A multi-purpose court which comprises of a netball and basketball ring, soccer goals and be linemarked to accommodate an additional tennis court.
The Grantville Tennis Court redevelopment project is an additional major commitment, which has been identified through an organised approach, achieved through Council’s Active Bass Coast Plan, Council’s Open Space Asset Management. The project supports Council’s Active Bass Coast Plans visions and objectives, which is a 10 year Plan that sets the vision for the provision of open space, recreation facilities and services across the municipality.
This exciting project has started and is expected to be completed by mid-January 2021, weather permitting. Council recognises that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect key recreational user groups, especially when much of our work is determined by weather conditions. The majority of these works will be completed by December 2020, however it is likely that the acrylic surfacing and linemarking works may not be completed due to specific weather conditions to apply this treatment. Council and our contractor will endeavour to complete all these work before late mid-January 2021, if possible.
Council has awarded a contract to IDwala Pty Ltd. The total project cost is in the order of $456,000 which is partly funded by Sports Recreation Victoria (SRV) $250,000, Council $110,000, Grantville Recreation Reserve - Committee of Management $30,000, Bendigo Bank $25,000 and Tennis Victoria $41,000.
What to expect
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and that we appreciate that for your own safety and others that access will be restricted. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby businesses and user groups who may be impacted by these works. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to tennis club, recreation reserve users, motorists, schools, residents and businesses.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction, including use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- IDwala Pty Ltd – Site Supervisor – Tim Keogh – 0437 461 631
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team, Russell Thomas – Capital Project Officer or Jani Surasinghe - Contract Superintendent - 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.