Grantville - Renewal of the Seawall - Pier Road
Update (28 January 2021):
Further to our update below, we wish to inform that a water service has been discovered which runs between the gazebo and the public toilet located at the foreshore which will be impacted by the works.
Unfortunately, the public toilet facility will be disrupted during the construction. Public toilet users will be directed to the Grantville Transaction Centre toilet Block on the corner of Pier Road and the Bass Highway service road.
We apologise for this inconvenience. If you have any further queries, please contact the Council officers below.
Bass Coast Shire Council has awarded a contract to MACA Infrastructure Pty Ltd to carry out renewal of the seawall and other ancillary works at the end of Pier Road, Grantville. See map below.
Construction works will start the week of 22 January 2021 and completion is anticipated within 7 weeks, subject to favourable weather, tides and contractor availability. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $120,000 and are part of Council’s 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
Benefits to the community
- The works are being done because the existing concrete seawall has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- The sea wall offers protection from wave erosion to important public assets including the nearby foreshore picnic and barbecue area, grassed open space and public car parking.
- · Works to repair the seawall will also include improved beach access steps, a new beach shower and replanting with native species
What to expect
- Construction and extension of the seawall, including replacing and expanding the concrete hardstand area.
- Constructing a DDA compliant beach access steps, installing a new outdoor beach shower
- For safety reasons, this section of the seawall will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering large rocks and other materials to site.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby properties and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- MACA Infrastructure Pty Ltd – Project Manager - Chris Williamson – 0427 063 402
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Contract Superintendent - Dulee Menik or David Vaea – Site Representative otherwise Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Laurie Gervasi on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email email@example.com
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.