Grantville - Renewal of Seawall - Pier Road
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has awarded a contract to MACA Civil Pty Ltd to carry out further renewal works of the seawall at the end of Pier Road, Grantville. See map below.
Construction works will start the week of 18 October 2021 and completion is anticipated within 6 weeks, subject to favourable weather, tides and contractor availability. These works are fully funded by Council Marine Structure Renewal Priority Program in the order of $205,000 and is part of Council’s 2021/22 Capital Works Program. These works are a continuation and extension of recent seawall protection works at Grantville early this year.
Benefits to the Community
- The works are being done because the existing concrete seawall has been damaged due to age and wear and tear from wave action.
- The seawall offers protection from wave erosion to important public assets including the nearby boat ramp, grassed open space and public car parking.
What to Expect
- Construction and extension of the seawall, including protection of boat ramp.
- For safety reasons, this section of the seawall and boat ramp area will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works.
- As this is the construction site, car park will remain close during the construction duration (6 weeks).
- Alternative Boat Ramp will be available at Corinella.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering large rocks and other materials to site.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby properties and users of the boat ramp/jetty and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- MACA Infrastructure Pty Ltd – Project Manager - Chris Williamson – 0427 063 402
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Contract Superintendent – Faisal Javaid or David Vaea – Site Representative, otherwise Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Laurie Gervasi on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.