Grantville - Footpath Renewal - Bass Highway - COMPLETED
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has appointed contractors Steve Wheatley Concreting Pty Ltd under our annual supply contract to remove existing footpath and replace with new footpath in Grantville along Bass Highway - road reserve. The works starts at the intersection of Bass Highway Service Road and Portview Avenue and along property 1497, 1495, 1493 and pass 1491 at Grantville. Please see attached map.
Construction works will be starting the week of 8 November 2021 and is anticipated to be completed within 4 weeks, subject to favourable weather and contractor availability. These works are funded by Council Capital Works 2021/22 through the Pathway Renewal Program in the order of $30,000.
Benefits to the Community
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians for the community. These works will give residents along the streets and the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection to existing footpath network.
What to Expect
- Removing of the existing 96-metre-long concrete footpath
- Construct of new concrete footpath 1.5 metres wide, 100 mm thick fibre reinforced and 125mm thick at driveways.
- For safety reasons, this section of the new pathway will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering concrete.
- As part of these works, new concrete may be placed through landowner’s driveways. Access to their properties will be restricted for a four-day period following from when the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles can use the driveway. Our contractor will advise them, in advance, of any works affecting access to their properties.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby properties and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. A letter drop and mail out will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Steve Wheatley – Site Supervisor – 0419 003 052
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – David Vaea or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.