Golf Street, Inverloch - Road and Kerb Renewal Works
We wish to advise that the Infrastructure Delivery team has appointed contractors Wiltrack Earthmoving to carry out road and kerb renewal works on Golf Street between Freda Street and Sandymount Avenue in Inverloch. See plan attached below.
Construction works will begin the week of 7 September 2020 and are anticipated to be completed within 4 weeks, subject to contractors availability and weather permitting.
These works are being carried out under Council annual supply contracts for plant, labour and materials as a part of Council’s adopted 2020-21 Capital Works Program. This $104,000 project is fully funded by Council. The renewal of this section of Golf Street ensures that Council's road network is sustainable and be able to continue to provide appropriate levels of service for road users well into the future.
Works will involve:
- Removal and installation of about 270 metres of kerb and channel and agi lines on the south side and including some laybacks into driveways
- Installation of about 72 metres of new underground stormwater drainage on the north side including a drainage road crossing outside properties No 3 and No 6 and new stormwater pits
- Reconstruction of about 120 square metres of failed road pavement in front of the existing kerb and channel
- asphalt overlay and linemarking.
We acknowledge that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works without affecting nearby residents, especially when much of the work is determined by weather conditions and the availability of contractors. We appreciated that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for patience during these times. Our contractors will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction.
For information or assistance during these works, please contact:
- Wiltrack Earthmoving – Site Supervisor – Michael Wilson 0409 560 886
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery team – Martin O'Flynn on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 (business hours Monday to Friday)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.