Genesta Street, Cowes
Council has appointed A1 Civil Pty Ltd to carry out road pavement renewal works along Genesta Street between Chapel Street and Church Street in Cowes.
The works to be undertaken are as follows:
- Service relocation and adjustment works for water and power services, as required. This will ensure these services are lowered/adjusted for the new road works.
- Pulverising the existing pavement and adding new compacted rock.
- Removal and replacement of kerb and channel, including minor concrete footpath works.
- Stabilisation with cement with allows to strengthen the existing road pavement.
- New stormwater drainage, including connections for all existing house drains and pit works behind the new kerb and channel to assist with protection of the new pavement.
- Properties with existing concrete driveways located within Genesta Street will have their driveways replaced at no cost. The reason for replacing the driveways is to match the new levels of the road.
- Asphalt sealing works and line marking where appropriate.
Works are expected to start from 11 February and may take up to 8 weeks to complete, subject to contractor's availability and weather permitting.
The project is part of Council's 2018/19 Capital Works Program and is fully funded by Council in the order of $406,000.
For more information please contact:
- A1 Civil Pty Ltd - Project Engineer - Peter Quigley - 0439 243 726
- Bass Coast Shire Council's Infrastructure Delivery team - Contract Superintendent - Reavi Raveendran or Russell Thomas on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211 (business hours Monday to Friday).