Footpath Renewal Works - White Road, Wonthaggi
Council has appointed Steve Wheatley Concreting Pty Ltd to carry out footpath renewal works along White Road between Sherwood Court and Salvation Lane, Wonthaggi.
Construction works are anticipated to start from 25 November 2019 and will take up to 3 months to be completed, subject to favourable weather and contractor availability. These works are funded by Council through the Footpath Renewal Program in the order of $317,000 and is part of Council’s adopted 2019/20 Capital Works Program.
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians and increase the number of footpaths, lanes and pathways for the community. These works will give residents along the streets, and the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection to this area and nearby shopping precinct.
These works involve:
- Removal of existing path and replacing with a 2.5 metre wide fibre reinforced concrete path (800 metres long) and service adjustments for Telstra services as required.
As part of these works, new concrete may be placed through landowner’s driveways. Access to their properties will be restricted for a four-day period following from when the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles can use the driveway. Our contractor will advise them, in advance, of any works affecting access to their properties.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to these landowners and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. A letter drop and mail out will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Stephen Wheatley – Site Supervisor – 0419 003 052
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Russell Thomas or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.