Cowes - Footpath Renewal Works - Seascape Avenue - COMPLETED
Bass Coast Shire has appointed contractors SR Excavations Pty Ltd under our annual supply contract to carry out footpath renewal works along Seascape Avenue in Cowes. See map below.
Construction works are anticipated to start week ending 21 August 2020 and will take up to 4 weeks to be completed, subject to favourable weather and contractor availability. These works are funded by Council through the Footpath Renewal Program in the order of $60,000 and is part of Council’s 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians for the community. These works will give residents along the streets, and the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection to this area and nearby shopping precinct.
These works involve:
- Removal of sections of the existing path on both sides of the road which are damaged by the existing street trees.
- Installation of tree root barriers to protect the new footpath works as required. Council’s qualified arborist will be available onsite to provide assistance to the contractor during these works.
As part of these works, new concrete may be placed through landowner’s driveways. Access to their properties will be restricted for a four-day period following from when the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles can use the driveway. Our contractor will advise them, in advance, of any works affecting access to their properties.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to these landowners and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. A letter drop and mail out will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- Brad Hewton – Site Supervisor – 0429 598 819
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Russell Thomas or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.