Cowes - Footpath Construction - Cowes Rhyll Road - COMPLETED
Bass Coast Shire Council has appointed contractors SR Excavations Pty Ltd under our annual supply contract to carry out new footpath works along Cowes Rhyll Road between Thompson Avenue and Redwood Drive in Cowes. See map below.
Construction works are anticipated to start 16 November 2020 and expected to be completed within four weeks, subject to favourable weather and contractor availability. These works are funded by Council through the Aspirational Pathways program in the order of $90,000 and is part of Council’s 2020/21 Capital Works Program.
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians for the community. These works will give residents along the streets, nearby school and the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection and nearby shopping precinct.
What to expect
- Construction of a new shared footpath 2.5 metre wide fibre reinforced concrete path which will link to the existing shared footpath network at Thompson Avenue, the local school - Lady Star of the Sea and Redwood Drive.
- There may be some minor disruption to pedestrians/parents at the school crossing, whilst works are being carried. Our contractor and Council officer will minimise these disruptions, where possible during school peak times.
- For safety reasons, this section of the new pathway will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works.
- The use of plant and machinery including noisy works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering concrete.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby properties, businesses and school, and we have asked for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website. A letter drop and mail out will be undertaken to adjacent landowners affected by these works.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- SR Excavations Pty Ltd – Brad Hewton – 0429 598 819
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – David Vaea or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.