Dalyston - New Footpath - Tulloch Street - COMPLETED
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire Council has appointed contractors Super Paving (Vic) Pty Ltd under our annual supply contract to build a new footpath along Tulloch Street between Bass Highway and Bent Street, Dalyston. Please see attached map.
Construction will begin the week of 17 January 2022 and is anticipated to be completed within 8 weeks, subject to favourable weather, contractor and supplier availability and any potential COVID-19 restrictions imposed by the State Government. These works are funded by Council’s Pathway Gaps Program 2021/22 in the order of $100,000.
Benefits to the Community
The aim of this project is to improve access for pedestrians for the community. These works will give residents along the streets and the greater area, a safe pedestrian connection to existing footpath network.
What to Expect
- Earthworks to remove vegetation, grass and top soil allowing for the construction of the new footpath.
- Construction of a new footpath 1.5 metres wide, 125 mm thick fibre reinforced concrete.
- Minor drainage works at the intersection with Back Lane.
- As part of these works, new concrete may be placed through landowner’s driveways. Access to their properties will be restricted for a four-day period following from when the concrete is poured. This is required to allow the concrete to set properly before any vehicles can use the driveway. Our contractor will advise you, in advance, of any works affecting access to their properties.
- Appropriate traffic and pedestrian control measures will be implemented onsite during these works. This will be a construction zone and we appreciate that for your own safety and others that access will be restricted. Our staff and contractor will notify nearby residents, businesses and user groups who may be impacted by these works. We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience and we ask for your patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions to motorists, school, residents and businesses.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibration works for construction including saw cutting, use of trucks for removal or delivery of materials.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- Super Paving (Vic) Pty Ltd - Guy Cicala – Site Supervisor – 0418 542 811
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – David Vaea or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Phillip Pritchard on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.