Dalyston - Asphalt Resurfacing Works Tulloch Street
Council team has engaged A1 Asphalting Pty Ltd (A1) to carry out asphalt surfacing works on Tulloch Street between Bass Highway and Bent Street in Dalyston as part of 2019-20 Capital Works Program. See highlighted map below.
These works shall involve:
- 7 metre wide asphalt surface with an one metre extensions into each driveway on Tulloch Street between Bass Highway and Bent Street to prevent the road edge from breaking.
- Asphalt surfacing of about 50 metres to the intersection on the south side of Tulloch street, adjacent to the Dalyston Recreation Reserve.
Council acknowledges that it can be a challenge to deliver the necessary works and not affect road users, especially when much of the work is determined by weather conditions. It is anticipated these works will start in the week of 18 May and take 2-3 days to complete, weather permitting. These works are fully funded by Council in the order of $75,000.
What to expect:
- It is expected that there will be some delays to traffic and nearby abutting landowners during the works.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy works such as profiling, asphalt laying and use of trucks for removal or delivery of asphalt
- Council and our contractor will notify nearby residents and businesses that may be impacted by these works, in order to minimise disruptions and allow the successful completion of the work. A letter drop will be undertaken shortly. Landowners will also be advised that their motor vehicles are not parked on the road or within their driveways.
- Appropriate traffic control measures will be implemented onsite during these works.
The community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via Council’s website and letter box drops or mail outs where appropriate. For information or assistance, please contact:
- A1 Asphalting – Site Supervisor – Kane McDonald – 0417 867 997
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Marty O’Flynn – Capital Project Officer on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au to get the latest updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.