Cowes - New Island Splitter - Findlay Street - COMPLETED
Notice of Works
Bass Coast Shire has engaged local contractors SR Excavations Pty Ltd as part of our annual supply contract to construct a new splitter island in Findlay Street, Cowes. These works are anticipated to start Monday 21 June 2021 and expected to be complete within 1 week, subject to favourable weather conditions, material availability and any potential COVID restrictions.
A splitter island is generally a raised or painted traffic island that separates traffic in opposing directions of travel. This one is in area where traffic flow is already separated, but will allow an extra road sign to be installed, and stop it from being hit by vehicles.
Benefits to the Community
The aim of this project is:
- to ensure the median bus parking zone in Findlay Street Cowes is clearly signed for road users and is enforceable under Local Laws by installing new signage and a splitter island in the area,
- to prevent people parking their vehicles within this space whilst improved access to adjacent properties are maintained.
- to provide adequate clearance for driveways which allows vehicles moving in or out of their properties
What to Expect
- Construction of a new concrete splitter island within Findlay Street, Cowes. See map attached here.
- For safety reasons, this will be a construction zone. Appropriate traffic/pedestrian measures will be in place throughout the duration of the works. There may be some minor traffic delays due to the nature of these works.
- The use of heavy plant and machinery including noisy and vibrating works such as earthworks, saw cutting and use of trucks delivering concrete etc.
We appreciate that these works may present an inconvenience to nearby properties and business owners and we ask for their patience during these times. Our contractor will make every effort to minimise disruptions during construction. Our community, local residents, businesses and other stakeholders will be kept up to date with the project via our website.
For more information or assistance during this project, please contact:
- SR Excavations Pty Ltd - Brad Hewton – Site Supervisor – 0429 598 819
- Bass Coast Shire Council’s Infrastructure Delivery Team – Ali Rezai or Infrastructure Asset Management Team – Hugh Dixon on 1300 BCOAST (226 278) or (03) 5671 2211
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit our website www.basscoast.vic.gov.au for updates on this project.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation.